GCU也致力于维护第九条, which prohibits 性ual discrimination in education programs that receive federal funding; nearly all colleges 和 universities 好处 from federal funding.
利记, while reserving its lawful rights where appropriate to take actions designed to ensure 和 promote the Christian principles that sustain its mission 和 herit年龄, 禁止非法歧视, 包括任何形式的骚扰和/或报复, 以年龄为基础, 残疾, 国家的起源, 比赛, color, 宗教, 性, 怀孕, 退伍军人身份或其他受适用法律保护的身份, 在工作中, 招生政策, 教育项目或活动. It is the purpose of the university to pursue the highest of academic st和ards within a context that celebrates 和 extends the spiritual 和 ethical ideals of the Christian faith. This policy also complies with the 第九条 requirements related to non-discrimination.
利记遵守所有联邦法律, state 和 local civil rights laws prohibiting discrimination in 就业 和 education. As a recipient of federal financial assistance for education activities, GCU is required by 1972年教育修正案第九条 to ensure that all of its education programs 和 activities do not discriminate 以性别为基础. GCU also prohibits retaliation against any person opposing discrimination or participating in any discrimination investigation or complaint process internal or external to the institution. 性骚扰, 性侵犯, dating 和 家庭暴力 和 stalking are forms of 性 discrimination, 哪些是第九条和大学政策所禁止的. Harassment or discrimination on the basis of any other classification protected by law is prohibited under university policy. 校园社区的任何成员, 拒绝行为的客人或访客, 剥夺或限制教育, 就业, 居住或社会准入, opportunities 和/or 好处 of any member of the GCU community 以性别为基础 or other protected class status, 违反了教育法第九章和不歧视政策. 任何人都可以举报性别歧视, 年龄, 残疾, 国家的起源, 比赛, color, 宗教, 性, 怀孕, 退伍军人身份或其他受适用法律保护的身份, 在人, 通过邮件, 通过电话, 通过视频或电子邮件, using the contact information listed for the 第九条 Coordinator (below).
3300 W. 骑在骆驼背上的道路
3300 W. 骑在骆驼背上的道路
第九条 is a federal m和ate that protects students attending educational institutions from 性 discrimination. 的 law says that students cannot be denied participation in any school program solely based on their 性. Take a look at frequently asked questions about 第九条 to learn more about this policy.
美国境内任何人不得, 以性别为基础, 被排除在…之外, be denied the 好处 of or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
- 第九条 is a federal civil right that prohibits 性 discrimination in education.
- 它不仅适用于女学生或体育项目. It prohibits 性 or gender discrimination in all educational activities or programs.
- A school must be proactive in ensuring that its campus is free from 性ual-based discrimination, 骚扰或暴力.
- 第九条保护学生免受报复, 从任何来源, 因为与教育法第九条有关.
- 第九条 applies to institutions that receive federal financial assistance from ED, 包括州和地方教育机构.
- 的 民权办公室 (OCR)强制机构遵守第九条标准.
任何参与者, 受益人, 申请人或雇员, 包括学生, 工作人员, faculty 和 visitors who believes they have been subjected to discrimination on the basis of 残疾 (or is unsatisfied with 住宿s provided by the University) may file a grievance. 的 University has both informal 和 formal mechanisms in place to resolve concerns about 残疾 discrimination, 拒绝访问服务, 住宿s required by law or an auxiliary aid they believe they should have received (“残疾-related issues”), 如:
- 关于请求服务的分歧, 住宿, modification of a university practice or requirement or denial of a request.
歧视性的骚扰, 基于受保护的类, creates a hostile environment when the behavior is sufficiently serious to deny or 限制 one’s ability to participate in or 好处 from the recipient’s education programs 和 activities. Racial 和 国家的起源 is a specific form of discriminatory harassment which can take many forms, 包括侮辱, 嘲弄, 刻板印象或辱骂, 还有出于种族原因的人身威胁, 攻击或其他仇恨行为.
性骚扰 is a specific form of discriminatory harassment prohibited by 第九条 和 an unlawful discriminatory practice. Acts of 性ual harassment may be committed by any person upon any other person, 不管参与者的性别如何. 性骚扰, 作为一个总括类别, 包括性骚扰罪, 性侵犯, 家庭暴力, 约会暴力和跟踪.
Sex discrimination is a form of harassment that involves treating someone unfavorably because of that person's 性. Sex discrimination also can involve treating someone less favorably because of their connection with an organization or group that is generally associated with people of a certain 性, 或者是因为这个人不符合性别刻板印象.
- 21-38% of college students experienced 性ual harassment perpetuated by faculty/ 工作人员.
- 39-64.5% of reported cases of 性ual harassment were perpetuated by other college students.
- 37% of female students 和 25% of male students reported that the harassment caused them not to want to go to class.
- At least 35% of college students who experience 性ual harassment did not report it to a person of authority.
- It is estimated that the percent年龄 of completed or attempted rape victimization among women in higher educational institutions may be between 20-25% over the course of a college career.
- It is estimated that between 15-17% of men are 性ually assaulted over the course of a college career.
- Seven out of 10 victims of rape 和 性侵犯 reported knowing the offender.
- Freshman 和 sophomores are at greater risk for victimization than juniors or seniors.
- 34% of students who report being 性ually assaulted drop out of college prior to graduation.
- Only 10% of students who experience 性侵犯 report it to the police or campus authorities.